How to Earn Departmental Honors In German
To earn departmental honors in German, students must demonstrate superior performance in departmental courses by
- Earning at least a 3.5 QPA average in their major courses,
- Demonstrating a high level of proficiency in speaking and writing German, and
- Completing a 3-credit senior honors project (in addition to 31 credits of the major) that has been accepted by the departmental faculty. Senior honors projects may include:
- A semester-long, independent research project, as an extension of the senior thesis written during the capstone seminar; or
- Taking an exam on a comprehensive reading list developed by the student in consultation with the faculty; or
- Enrolling in a graduate seminar and completing a graduate seminar paper.